We are delighted to offer another healthy choice and useful product for your day to day use that is low in calorie and rich in micronutrients. It is ready to use and easy to store Yogis Herbs Green Chilli Powder.
Green chilies (Capsicum annum L.,) are used as a spice in almost every cuisine. Green chilies are used in preparing many delicious dishes and it can enhance the flavor and taste of any food. Its nutritional and medicinal qualities give it a special significance. Chili is an excellent source of vitamin C and other vitamins, such as vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin K, and minerals, such as calcium, magnesium, folate, potassium, thiamin, iron and copper. Its pungent taste and health benefits are due to capsaicin, which is the main bioactive compound in chili.
Micronutrients play vital roles in normal development and growth starting from the early phase of life, and therefore, a child must consume considerable amount of the essential nutrients for the maintenance of vital processes. Micronutrient deficiency also called human dietary deficiency is among the most predominant and dangerous health conditions of the 21st century and it is among the foundation cause of the many chronic diseases and health conditions plaguing the earth these days. Vegetables give the cheapest natural source of health‐advancing micronutrients. Among the diverse vegetables available in the world, chili peppers (Capsicum annuum), which are rich in provitamin A, vitamins E, C, and some minerals, could give rise to meaningful improved nutrition.
Chilies are a powerful antioxidant that strengthens immunity against diseases, and vitamin A, a fat soluble vitamin, which is an important anti-oxidant that decreases the dangers posed by free radicals. Green chilies have been linked with a lowered risk of having lung cancer, stomach cancer, prostate cancer (Diaz-Laviada 2010).
There are various uses for capsaicin in pharmaceutical products, including pain relief, anti-arthritic, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-rhinitis, and analgesic properties. Besides being an immunity booster, it is also useful for managing cardiovascular diseases, type-2 diabetes, obesity, and stopping the spread of prostate cancer. As a result, chili may be an important aspect of our daily diet.
Some of the benefits of Green Chillis include
- Improves immunity: The concentration of Vitamin C is very high in chillies when compared to Oranges
which helps preventing lots of diseases and infections.
- Helps to burn fat naturally: Capsaican which is known to be in abundance in Chillies helps burn calories faster
- Incresaed Metobolism: Chillies increases in the body metabolism naturally, thereby helping in reducing weight and burning of excess fat.
- Helps prevent Cancer: Capsaicin is the major component in red chili which is responsible for pungent heat stops the spread of prostate cancer cells
- Prevents Sinusitis and Relieves Congestion: Eating green chili increases the nasal secretion and thus provides relief from congested nose. Capsaicin has capacity to tackle nasal congestion by helping clear mucus from nose. It also has antibacterial properties as well, and can help fight against chronic sinus infections (Ahuja and Ball 2006).
- Good for the eyes: Green chillies are also a rich source for Vitamin A which helps in age related vision issues like Night blindness, Glaucoma and Cataract.
- Skin Care: Vitamin C in Green chillies is a super antioxidant which keeps our skin firm and glowing. The Phytonutrients and Vitamin E in green chillies are very helpful in the treatment of Acne, pimples, rashes, wrinkles, healthy hair and maintaining an oily layer on the skin.
Wow. Worth trying!