These amazing health benefits of Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum) are sure to take you by surprise!
Coriander, commonly known as Chinese Parsley, Dhania, or Cilantro is one of the oldest spices/ herbs ever known, as far as 5000 BC. Its origin traces back to the Mediterranean region and Southern Europe. Coriander in different forms is a part of every desi household and any Indian recipe is just so incomplete without a generous sprinkle of it.
All the parts of the Coriander plant are edible, yet they vary in taste, usage, and benefits. Coriander leaves or Cilantro (known in the US) is a rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, dietary fibre, iron, manganese, calcium, Vitamin K, phosphorus, and anti-oxidants. An adequate intake of coriander leaves in any form will show up with immense benefits for the whole body.
The herb is rightly called ‘herb of happiness’ because of its multifunctional benefits and preventive effect against numerous chronic diseases.
Usage Of Dehydrated Coriander Leaf Powder:
Dehydrated coriander leaf powder can be used to add flavor to salads, sauces, salsas, spicy soups, curries, and many other dishes. Apart from its culinary benefits/usage, the coriander leaf powder does it all, right from improving blood pressure levels to boosting your immunity, and cleansing your skin to hair rejuvenation!
Benefits of Coriander Leaves for health:
- Coriander leaves help to improve blood sugar level, heart health, digestion, kidney functioning, and boost immunity power.
- Its antibiotic and anti-oxidant properties also help to treat gastrointestinal issues, respiratory problems, and loss of memory/appetite.
- Using coriander leaf powder to flavor food.
- As with all green leafy vegetables, its leaves are rich in vitamins, minerals, and iron. Coriander Leaves contain a great deal of vitamin A (β-carotene) and vitamin C.
- It is also very low in saturated fat and cholesterol, rich in thiamine, zinc, dietary fiber
- Coriander Leaf juice is highly beneficial for treating vitamin and iron deficiencies. A teaspoon of Coriander Leaf Powder added to buttermilk is very good for health.
Benefits of Coriander Leaf Powder for skin:
- The anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties present in coriander leaves might give you enhanced skin protection. A very simple face pack prepared with coriander leaf paste will treat you from acne to eczema.
Benefits of Coriander Leaf Powder for hair:
- Coriander leaves are high in Vitamins A, C, B-12, and D with high anti-septic, anti-fungal, and natural detoxifying properties which enhance deep cleansing of the scalp and hair.
- Coriander leaf paste strengthens hair roots, curbs hair fall, and improves hair growth.
Here are a few simple and quick recipes that you can make for your skin, and hair care with our Dried Coriander Leaf Powder:
- For smooth skin: Take a handful of fresh coriander leaves, ½ cup of oatmeal, ¼ cup of water and ¼ cup of chopped cucumber. Blend it all! Apply the mixture to your face, and let it dry. Feel your silky smooth skin after rinsing your face with water.
- For Hair Loss: Make plain coriander leaf paste and mix it with coconut oil. Apply this mixture to the scalp and hair and let it rest for an hour after a gentle head massage. Repeat this remedy twice or thrice a week to see improved results.
Coriander leaves Instant Chutney: Add some water to our coriander leaves powder to make a fine paste. Add lemon and salt in it for flavors. Enjoy the coriander chutney with snacks.